Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Spring Refresher

I have one clock that is still set to standard time. I changed every other clock in the house for daylight savings time but not the clock in the kitchen. I mentally add one hour when I look at that clock. It’s always on the back of my mind to get out the stool and change the time, but I haven’t gotten there yet.

Our house and yard has been stuck on the back burner just like that clock. For years we’ve had projects and ideas simmering, but life got in the way. Most of our time and money went to fencing and then it went to two universities and their residence halls. (#1 is graduating this May!)

With kids out of the house, we talked about possibly moving and came to realize we had work to do if we ever decided to sell the house. And then we decided to fix up our house for us instead of for someone else.

Instead of spring cleaning, I’ve been spring repairing.

SC Lists

I went through every room and wrote down every little thing that bugged me. Having that list has been empowering because I put a big black line through every finished project.

It’s about dang time.

And the clock still reads one hour earlier than it really is, but I put that item on the list. I’ll get there eventually.

Since my crafting time has become spackling time lately, I’m expanding Suzy Cucumber to include all the other crap I hack around here. Because being handy is a craft too.

Thanks,

Aimee

1 comment:

  1. This is a good approach towards cleaning the house and clearing the clutter. There are many things that are left out because we are unable to pay attention to them. I agree organisation is also an art.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!