Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Book Lover’s Dream with a Free Printable

The bargain book sale at the library is like Christmas to a wannabe librarian.

$3 for a paper grocery bag of books culled from the shelves of five branches along with donations from citizens… oh, yes. They try to keep the shelves organized by genre, but I make my best discoveries by combing every shelf.

(I already have the schedule for this year’s sales on my calendar.)

SC-Book-pile

Digital calligraphy, printing, designing, faux painting, decorating. It’s the best $3 I’ve spent all year.

Inspired by the library–ness of it all, I saved a defunct checkout card pocket and recreated it using my new Adobe Illustrator skills. I also remade a checkout card from one of the many library books I currently have checked out.

I like to loan my books, but I like getting them back even better.

The pocket and card printables are pdfs. Click on the links to download.

LINKS: Library Cards printable and Library Cards Pocket printable.
Library Card Printable   Library Card Pocket Printable

For the library cards, print and cut.

For the library card envelope or pocket, print and cut out. Score all the dashed lines. Fold up the bottom dashed line and crease. Fold in the two side tabs on the dashed lines. Fold the whole bottom up on the middle dashed line. Don’t glue the tabs shut. Glue each tab to the body of the pocket.

Glue the pocket into your book to loan with acid free glue and start your own library.

Suzy Cucumber Library cards

What kind of books would you search for at a library book sale?

Thanks,

Aimee

3 comments:

  1. I found you via GF after she posted your tissue paper decoupage on white plates. I am lucky to have a library that has a permanent used section book where I can buy nice books for a very good price every week if I wanted to. They also have monthly themed sales like yours. I love getting craft books or any book with good pics like gardening ones or flower ones etc. I once got a phenomenal book on Yoga, huge coffee table book someone had donated. I have got some good CDs and DVDs too there. Happy hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never pass a good book sale. It's amazing what non-bibliophiles let go of. Their loss is our gain!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!