Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

An art journal is what you make it

I’ve never been able to keep a daily diary. It’s too much pressure to keep up with a daily soul-pouring. And then when I miss a day? Oh, the guilt.

Instead, I keep travel journals, health notebooks, craft journals, sermon notes, and notebooks of knowledge. These books are a much better reflection of who I am.

Travel Journals

Craft Journals

I can see where I’ve been, what interested me, and what problems I was trying to solve. I even occasionally throw in a traditional diary entry.

I thought I needed to start an official art journal in 2014, but I’ve been art journaling all along. Turns out an art journal is whatever you want it to be. The only obstacle to starting an art journal is starting.

So, instead of choosing a new endeavor (which isn’t so new to me after all), I’m going to choose to start.

2014 is the year to Start.

What do I want to do with this year? Make more art and craft. Renovate my kitchen. Rip out carpet, plant a wildflower garden, and not worry about artificial deadlines. I guess it’s time to start a new notebook.

What do you want to start in 2014?

Thanks for 2013,

Aimee

1 comment:

  1. You know you have to be smart about writing a journal.. writing everyday is definitely an arduous task. Rather try to write only what you consider is necessary, good or worthwhile.. Just write things with real value.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!