Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

How to Transform a Straight Border into a Curved Border

How to transform a straight border into a curved border

I love the look of painted plates, but I don’t have the time or energy to actually paint them myself. Why should I when I can pick up a pack of rub–ons? But, what do you do when the rub–on borders are straight, and your plate is round?

Borders

See the pumpkin border below? The border is not really continuous. Only a few of the pumpkins overlap. The rest just touch.

Borders

I just snipped the motifs into groups of two or three pumpkins. (This works for sticker borders too.)

Borders

Then I rubbed the pumpkins onto the plate, rotating the motifs slightly as I worked my way around. I eyeballed it. It’s not necessary to be perfect.

Borders

I filled in with a single motif here or there. When I got near to closing the circle, I preplanned which motifs I needed to fill the space.

Halloween Decorative Plate

Twenty minutes later, my Dollar Tree white plate was ready for the mantel.

Halloween is one of our favorite holidays. We have a reputation to uphold. Come on by if you’re in the area. ☺

Thanks,

Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!