Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Craft Book Challenge Week 48: German Paper Star

If you can make it like Martha, your life with be beautiful.


If you aspire to a Martha Christmas, your holiday will be perfect and beautiful.

Martha made a ribbon German Star ornament in her Handmade Christmas. I followed the teeny, tiny drawings. I read (and reread the instructions).


Strike 1. Must have been the card stock I used. Let's try a thinner paper.


Strike 2. Thinner paper tears, especially painted newsprint. Let's try printer paper.


Strike 3. All three stars died at the exact same point in Martha's directions. Maybe it's not me or my paper.

No, it's not me.


If you really want to make a German paper star, follow a step–by–step video. With a Grateful Prayer and a Thankful Heart has a great video tutorial. Look what plain copy paper can become.


Lesson learned: Martha will not make life perfect. Seek your own perfection.

Thanks,
Aimee

3 comments:

  1. Martha! That woman ruined Christmas! I'm joking. (Kinda.)She does leave us all feeling inadequate in her wake, which is why I prefer bloggers (like you) and their Christmas crafts. Thank you for what you do and that is one freaking amazing star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aimee! Just stumbled upon your post and want to say thanks for the feature and link back. Happy to read you have mastered the folds to create your pretty stars :)

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine, for your wonderful instructions!
      ~Aimee

      Delete

Tell me what you think!