Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Craft Book Challenge Week 45: The Ed Emberely Cure

Well, here I am a week late again. I have a good excuse. I was sick. I think I battled the flu last week, but I never went to the doctor to be sure. All I know is that I spent several days in bed, and each day brought a new symptom. I ate my weight in chicken soup. And I was crabby.

When I'm crabby, all I can do is sleep and doodle.

I dug out my childhood copy of Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Animals and a handful of fat markers.


Ed makes me happy. Who else can turn a D, a Y, and a couple of triangles into a tiger? My brothers and I spent hours turning simple shapes into animals when we were young. Even today, the simplicity appeals to me. So many times we strive for perfection when all we really need is a little doodling.

I like Ed's forward: "For the boy I was, the book I could not find." We don't need to learn how to draw perfectly; sometimes we just need to draw.

And I did. I was happy, and then I took a nap.








Keep healthy!
Thanks,
Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!