Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Craft Book Challenge Week 42: Crafting Books and Casting On

Have you ever wondered what to do with your old, shiny accounting textbooks? How about faux them into vintage books.

My week has been full of glue and paint doing just that to a stack of textbooks, and I’m still not done. Their eventual home will be as a nightstand for my husband. Then I have to do the same to another stack for me.

old textbooks in process

withdrawn

Cast On Bind Off
In between gluing and painting and gluing and painting some more, I played with Cast On, Bind Off.

It is amazing how many ways you can get the yarn on and off your knitting needles.

My favorite new methods are the I–cord cast on and I–cord cast off. It’s like magic the way the yarn orients itself perpendicular to the body of the piece.

I also made my first attempt at intarsia or bobbin knitting using the initials of our kids’ fencing club. I need a bit more practice getting my stitches not to wonk, but I’m still pleased with the result.





I-cord cast on and off

And look, only ten weeks left in my Craft Book Challenge year. Of course, that means that Christmas is only 9 weeks away!

Back to crafting those books.
Thanks,
my name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!