Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Craft Book Challenge Week 39: Fool the Eye Painting

What a week! We hosted a fencing tournament all weekend. Both my husband and son took third place in their events. My first night of the knitting class was Monday. Exhaustion!

The class went well, even though I looked at my watch halfway through and panicked. I wasn’t sure how I was going to fill the last 45 minutes. Turns out we went over our time.

In class, we covered how to choose a good pattern, yarn selection, and the dreaded gauge. One student started knitting a swatch with the yarn her sister had provided and immediately began sniffling. We looked at the pattern her sister selected and determined it would only look good if her sister slouched around. The pattern was two rectangles with a V–neck. She’s giving it all back to her sister and avoiding bamboo yarn from now on.

I’ve been so focused on recovery that I had no idea what to do this week. Then my husband decided to decorate for Halloween, and I knew we needed to up the spooky factor.

SC spider day

It’s spider hanging day!

I’m going to mess around with some removable trompe l’oeil to give our new spider some atmosphere. We’ve dropped a spider on trick–or–treaters for about 10 years. It’s the highlight of my husband’s year.

simple trompe loeil

How do you decorate for Halloween?

Thanks,

my name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!