Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Craft Book Challenge Week 37: In Which I Make My First Sweater

The big countdown to my knitting class has begun. In two weeks, I must teach beginning knitters the skills to make a sweater. And, um, I've never actually finished one. I've knit the parts for one, but sewing it together never occurred to me.

I'm trusting Knitting in Plain English to fill in my knitting knowledge gap. I learned how to crochet from Crocheting in Plain English, so I expect Maggie won't lead me wrong here. She was a knitting teacher and knows how to translate knitter–ese.



So, wow, a full sweater in a week?! Ambitious. Except I plan to make a baby sweater. My first sweater (still in pieces) also was a baby sweater for my now 5–year–old nephew. The fact I plan to make this one wearable is quite impressive.

If you have any questions about knitting, ask away in the comments. I need you guys to quiz me so I can act like I know what I'm doing in my class.

Thanks,
Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!