Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Yarn Dolls for Boys

When the big cousin busts out the yarn, the little cousin comes running.


Back in the day, my daughter made hundreds of yarn dolls. She'd stuff the leftover yarn bits into their bodies, turn the ceiling fan on high, and toss the poor dolls up to see how far they'd fly. My kids are mostly normal adults now.

Time to pass the torch to the younger generation.


To make a yarn doll, wrap yarn around a book about 70 times. Tie a snip of yarn at the points in the above picture to make the body. You can make a dress if you don't tie the legs. Give him some hair, a house, and a cape and you're set.


This guy didn't get a cape at my house, but I know he got one when he got home.

Thanks,
Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!