Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Craft Book Challenge Week 34: Knitting for Dishes

The kids aren't the only ones back in class. In one month, I will teach an intermediate knitting class. I'm the emergency teacher as the original teacher bailed. I only found out about it two weeks ago, and I haven't knitted in six months. So, my SSK's are a little rusty.

I've found that the best way to practice my stitches is to work on fancy dishcloths. I get to practice my knits and purls without the major commitment of a sweater. (P.S. I'm supposed to teach new knitters how to knit a sweater, and I've never actually made one myself. I was upfront with the college about this, but they were desperate!)



The best thing about dishcloth patterns is the variety that is available. I have the two pamphlets pictured. By the end of the week, I should be ready to knit a sweater and wash hundreds of dishes. At least I won't feel like a total fraud when I teach the class.

Off to SSK & PSSO*!

Thanks,
Aimee

* SSK = slip slip knit and PSSO = pass slip stitch over (They're easier than they sound, but I still had to look them up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!