Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 29: Stocking Stuffers (and Holly)


Two weeks of Christmas prep accomplished and it's only the middle of July. Can you imagine how you'll feel when it's the middle of December? If I hadn't dedicated this month to Christmas, I know exactly how I would feel. I've felt panic in the middle of December for the last 20 years.

I dedicated Week 2 to the decorating for Christmas. This week, I'm going to tackle the stocking stuffers.

Before I move on, I have one more decoration to show you. While browsing through The Complete Christmas Book (published 1961), I found a pattern for interlocking holly. It's basically a holly leaf with a knob on each end and a slit to slip the "berry" ends through.

So I made a fun foam holly garland to hang in my kitchen.


I used four sheets of fun foam and got eight hollies per sheet.


It's hard to show Christmas decorating in July.


I also made a felt version of the garland to hang on my Christmas tree. I haven't had a different tree garland in years. I'm still working on the felt version. It's a great project to do while watching TV.


Here you can see the size difference between the felt and foam holly leaves. I cut a double slit in the felt so the red beads can interlock on each leaf.


Anyway, we have really big stockings in our family. Please put your stocking stuffer/tokens of appreciation gift ideas in the comments. Especially if you have ideas for men!

Thanks,
Aimee

2 comments:

  1. Cute garlands! I'm still hoping someone will furnish ideas for those elusive things for *men*! Hurry -only 5.5 months left!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I've been asking the men in my life for some ideas. My husband's response was, "What?" I'm still brainstorming.

      Delete

Tell me what you think!