Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Drying a Meal

Your microwave can double as a food dehydrator.


I started a batch of "sun" dried tomatoes.


You run the microwave in 15–minute intervals at low power until the tomatoes are leathery and then pop them into olive oil. You have to watch them near the end of their drying cycle so they don't scorch.


I also dried more parsley for my spice pantry.




Parsley took about 1:30 minutes at low power to completely crisp up. But, I made the mistake of walking away just for a moment.


Apparently, you can dry all sorts of veggies and fruits in the microwave as long as you nuke everything at low power. Each microwave is different, so you have to experiment, which I love to do anyway.

I have my eye on the lemon and mint sugar recipe as well as the soap crayons recipe. So many ideas, so little time!

Thanks,
Aimee



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!