Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Craft Book Challenge Week 25: Making Beads

I wanted to do some beading this week. I picked up some pretty pearl–like beads last week, and I could envision a woven cuff to wear to summer events.

As I was paging through The Complete Idiot's Guide to Beading, I found my true calling: paper beads.


I love paper beads and have been making them for years. I have a lovely pile of beads that need a purpose. This week, I'm going to try some of the beginner beading techniques. I never know what's going to happen until I get there.

I just had to show you how bad I was today.


As I was paging through a cookbook, I found a recipe for funnel cakes. I've always wanted to try make funnel cakes, so I did. Even though I am trying to avoid flour, I suspect the coming finger stiffness will have been worth it.

It's too yummy for me to be the only one misbehaving. Care to join me?


Funnel Cakes
2 eggs
1½ c. milk
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Combine eggs and milk. Add flour and baking powder. Beat until smooth. Add more milk if it is too thick to flow through a funnel. In an 8–in. skillet or deep fryer, heat at least 2 c. oil. Pour ½ c. batter into funnel and release batter in a spiral shape into the hot oil. Fry about 3 min. and then turn carefully. Cook 1 more minute and drain on a paper towel. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Makes 4 large cakes or 7 small cakes.

Thanks,
Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!