Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Drafting a pattern & wearing the result

I will never use a commercial skirt pattern again.


Not when I can use my measurements as the pattern and draw my cutting lines directly on the fabric using the instructions in  Sew What! Skirts.


I used 1 yard of  54–in. printed cotton twill in my stash. I drew the lines for a straight skirt before I realized I did have enough fabric to do an A–line.


I even attempted darts, which gave me a no–gap waist. All I did was put the skirt on inside–out and pinched the extra fabric. I pinned the extra, stitched it down, and gave the stitching a press for perfect, personalized darts.


All in all, I'd make another skirt. I can't believe it took me this long to give it a try.

Thanks,
Aimee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!