Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Craft Book Challenge Week 17: The Art of Ornament

I had a hard time choosing a book this week. It's not that I had no inspiration. I have a project in mind and I was looking for a book to help me with it, and nothing was coming to mind.

The book I chose is more of an inspiration book. Back in 1888, when it was first published, it also was intended to offer inspiration to designers.



The Art of Ornament by Franz Sales Meyer is a dictionary of classical design. You know you'll find some eye candy when the forward to the 1945 edition states: “Plain, unadorned, uncompromising, pure form is basically inhuman.”
 

I'm really not sure what will happen this week, but I can feel the ideas swirling.


Thanks,
Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!