Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Craft Book Challenge Week 15: Make a Book

I love books. I wanted to be a librarian when I was in third grade. By high school, I wanted to write.

While I love my ebook reader, I can never give up the paper–bound book. Paper books are beautiful and make reading tactile.

This week, I'd like to make myself a book. It's obviously on my crafty bucket list as I have at least five books on bookmaking.

I'm starting with Making Books and Journals, which is part of The Weekend Crafter series.


The tools don't look complicated: hole punch, needles, bone folder, and clamps. I have the heavy thread and paper. I may actually cross another obsession off my crafty list!

Have you been putting off trying one of your passions too?

Thanks,
Aimee

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aimee, can't wait to see what you make. Yes I have the needles, the waxed linen thread all especially purchased with the intention of making a book! Have I done it yet? Noooooo! I keep watching video tutorials tho...I'm working myself up to it haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rona, I am right there with you. You would not believe the project supplies I have acquired for "someday."

      Delete

Tell me what you think!