Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Craft Book Challenge Week 14: Sewing an Easter Skirt

I know this is my third week in a row with a sewing project, but when I get the sewing bug I have to embrace it. It may not come around again for awhile.

I've never been too keen on sewing clothing. I can count on one hand (and maybe on one finger) the number of clothing items I've sewn that I've been truly happy with. The fit is the problem. Something always sags, wrinkles, pulls, or rides up.


This week, I'm going to design a skirt to my own measurements using Sew What! Skirts by Francesca Denhartog and Carole Ann Camp. The book is full of simple designs that can be customized depending on your mood. Ruffles, anyone?

I'm will attempt to sew and wear one skirt by Easter. That means I have to hem it and everything.

Am I the only one who can't make commercial patterns work? If you can, please spill your secrets in the comments.

Thanks,
Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!