Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Figure–8 Knot Pillow


Turns out the Figure–8 knot from The Arco Book of Useful Knots is both useful and pretty. However, this pillow was annoying. Not the knot tying. Stuffing the "cord" was UH-NOY-ING. It took forever.

Materials used:
1 pair of wool tweed pants cut into four 4½–in. strips (the length of each leg)
Polyester Fiberfill
Thread

That's it. Cut 'em. Sew 'em together. Stuff 'em. Tie 'em. I don't have any measurements because I totally winged it. I did double the tube when tying the knot. I also hand–tacked the turns on the back because someone will invariably try to untie it.


 

I worked on iteration #2 and ended up throwing the whole mess away. Stuffing 8 yards of fabric tube STINKS. I have a plan, though.

Are you working on something that is driving you crazy? Do tell.

Thanks,
Aimee


Linked up @
Suzy's Artsy-Craftsy Sitcom * House of Hepworths * Fireflies and Jellybeans * Making It with Allie * Momnivore's Dilemma * Thrifty Decorating * Saved By Love Creations  * Craftionary * Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingHappy Hour ProjectsYesterday on Tuesday  *

10 comments:

  1. Hi Aimee! Thanks for sharing your great figure-8 knot pillow. I have never seen a pillow like that. I want to make one...I wonder if sections were left open along the way it would be easier to stuff. What is your plan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leaving sections open is exactly my plan! I discovered a paint stick makes a better batting stuffer than a skewer too. Let me know if you make one. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Very Cool. Can't wait to see what you decide to do with it next.

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm wondering what will happen next too.

      Delete
  3. wow-that's super neat! i can honestly say i've never seen that before. i really like the fabric you used, too, it's got a pattern to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I actually used a pair of wool pants. I like the pattern too. It hides the stitches.

      Delete
  4. That pillow is unique. I have never seen one before. I like it. I love the premise of your blog. It will be interesting to see what you do from your craft library. I'm following you via GFC so I can watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the other comments, this is very unique and I really like the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My inspiration pillow really was the catalyst for this project.

      Delete

Tell me what you think!