Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Craft Book Challenge Week 12: Getting Knotty

As of midnight last night, I had no idea what craft book I was going to dig into this week. I just wasn't feeling inspired by anything.

Pinterest to the rescue. Knotted pillows? I'm in.

Image Source: Notknot pillow from The Reykjavik Corner Store; designer Ragnheiður Ösp Sigurðardóttir

The only knotting book I have in my stash is The Arco Book of Useful Knots. Useful is not always pretty.


I checked my other books and found a chapter on rope crafts in Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts and instructions on how to knot a monkey's fist in The Button Maker.

I'm getting knotty this week. I'm also traveling. I'll let you know where I am tomorrow.

Thanks,
Aimee


4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I came across your blog through your guestpost at Craftionary. I love that you have such an awesome challenge. I really like to have a list of goals I want to achieve...but don't seem to have the same will-power as you! If you would like to come and follow along with my current challenges (starting a book group, running 5km, raising money for charity, learning to sew, getting 100 followers....) then I would love to have you.

    I am definitely following on via GFC and Pinterest.

    Happy Crafting

    Rosie (Craftbotic)
    http://craftbotics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosie. Challenge is what keeps life interesting.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! That pillow is so cute! Have you tried making one yet? I would love to know how it worked out. Was it fairly easy?? ~Heather @ http://lovelybeautifulsmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's such a neat design. I'm still in the experimentation stage.

      Delete

Tell me what you think!