Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Paper Cuts

I hate snow. So my paper snowflakes don't look anything like snow.

Yesterday, I spent a relaxing afternoon trying different paper folds for cutting from Creative Paper Cutting.

Double Fold (fold in half, turn, fold in half again)
Dachshund silhouette from all-silhouettes.com


Triple Fold (snowflake fold)


I use a no-measure paper template to make this fold more easy and accurate. I actually used geometry to figure it out!

Quadruple Fold (fold in half on the diagonal, repeat, repeat)

Snow is forecast this weekend. I may cover my windows with my doilies so I don't have to look at the real stuff.

Thanks,
Aimee

2 comments:

  1. The first ones are really intriguing. Like folk art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhissana! It's amazing how such a simple fold can yield such interesting results.

      Delete

Tell me what you think!