Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Felty little flowers

I now know why none of the projects in Indygo Junction's Needle Felting caught my eye: I need to work small, miniscule, tiny. The book's projects are full-scale craftiness. When you don't know what the heck you're doing, a large project is scary.



Flush from success needle-felting a bunny using a Clover felting mold, I pulled out my small heart and flower cookie cutters to use as molds, and stab stab stabbity stab later...



I'm discovering that focusing on one crafty endeavor a week is really helping my creativity. There is no other reason that I would stitch French knots over my purple bunny. French knots and I generally do not get along.



I put a pin back on the blue rose to wear on my blue pea coat. I'm going to pop the flatter felts onto cards for Easter. Can you see the heart shapes in the rose petals?

Thanks,
Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!