Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Turtleneck Revamped

I like the concept of turtleneck sweaters. It's the wearing that gives me trouble. I feel like my head has been jammed into a funnel when I wear one. So, I buy a sweater, wear it for awhile, and then I come to my senses and get rid of it.

I picked up this turtleneck at the thrift store before Christmas. It had been awhile since I'd had a turtleneck, and I dug the color on this one. Apparently, I'd also forgotten that feeling of "funnel neck."


Enter my challenge and page 58 in this week's book, New from Old. The author took a sweater (she used cashmere, which mine is so not), cut down the neck, and stitched some beads up the edges.


Bam! Looks like a little '30s glam happenin' here. Easy, and no more funnel neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!