Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

More cards for my stash

We have two little girls coming into our family this spring. That means lots of pink, purple, and presents! Of course, I couldn't settle for just a pink card. I had to bust out the watercolors, punches, and brads to make my plain ol' paper into something baby–worthy. Matte medium swirled onto watercolored card stock makes a fabulous texture. It also makes card stock look like a million bucks.


Butterfly Baby
Book techniques:
Watercolor
Punches
Doodling
Matte medium texture swirled
 on watercolored blue card stock



Basic Bargello
Book techniques used:
Bargello
Handmade paper
(made in the fall during a home school botany lesson)
Brads

I discovered that my best cards are unplanned. I have to just play and then assemble. I really enjoyed this week. Next week, I'll be knee–deep in the upholstery project I put aside. Can't wait!

Thanks!
Aimee


2 comments:

  1. LOVE them!! I have always thought mixed media is right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're the master card maker, so I appreciate your opinion. Your cards are true works of inspiration.

      Delete

Tell me what you think!