Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Craft Book Challenge Week 2: Calligraphy!

I've always loved letters. With a few extra strokes of the the pen they become artwork.

My book this week is a Christmas gift from my parents: Modern Mark Making by Lisa Engelbrecht. Lisa's lettering is gorgeous and innovative. I've only had a chance to page through the book so far.



I took a leisure studies calligraphy class about a year ago and loved it. My teacher encouraged us to try new techniques and applications. Everyone was deemed an artist... even the lady who opined she "just didn't get angles" during the first and every class thereafter.

So, this week I'm going to blow the dust off my ink pot and nib pens and dig into the ideas in Modern Mark Making. I need to make a Thank You card for my folks and their understanding of my love for craft books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!